Brazil has been named as the host nation for the 2014 football World Cup. It is the first time the World Cup is being held in South America since Argentina hosted, and won, the 1978 tournament.
Brazil have won the tournament a record five times and hosted the World Cup once before, in 1950, when they lost 2-1 in the final to Uruguay.
Sun-kissed beaches, spectacular natural wonders and samba rhythms…Brazil never fails to charm and delight its visitors.
Experience the pulsating excitement of Rio or the tranquillity of Costa Do Sauipe, the unspoilt beauty of Amazonia or the breathtaking tumbling waters of Iguaçu Falls, futuristic Brasilia or centuries-old Salvador. Whatever your travelling interests, Brazil has a dream holiday for you.
Brazil Holiday Highlights
- The great Amazon River basin covers almost half of Brazil, its waterways meandering through dense rainforest.
- Iguaçu Falls plundering into the river below is a magical sight.
- Taste Brazilian beach life on the sweeping sands of world-renowned Copacabana.
- The vast tropical wetlands of the Pantanal thrive with wildlife.
- Rio de Janeiro is the heartbeat of Brazil. This lively, vibrant, sometimes hectic city and its citizens have a genuine passion for life and music.
- Truly mesmerising panoramic views can be seen from Brazilian icon Christ the Redeemer, which stands 2,300 feet above Rio’s streets, bays and beaches.
- Búzios is a sophisticated beach resort dubbed the ‘St Tropez of Latin America’.
- Brazil’s best known beaches dot the Atlantic coast of Bahia, the musical heart and soul of Brazil.
- Porto de Galinhas is an award-winning beach resort. The nearby natural pools house nature’s own aquarium.
- The charming town of Paraty has hardly changed since its heyday during the 18th Century gold trade.
- Pantanal is the world’s largest tropical wetland, sprawled over 54,000 square miles.
- The unique ecosystem of Lençóis Maranhenses National Park boasts sweeping white sand dunes, rivers, lakes and lagoons.
- Fernando de Noronha’s pristine sandy beaches and clear blue seas are a haven to a host of wildlife including sea turtles and dolphins.
If you would like a trip to the 2014 World Cup or simply a holiday in this amazing city, please call on 01279 871188. I would love to hear from you.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.